Thursday, November 15, 2007

More sickies!

This time it's Charles. He took an early train home, and spent the afternoon emptying out his stomach. I'm just hoping this doesn't spread through the family...

When I went looking for a bucket for Charles, I found one in the bottom of the pantry that had been used to hold cookies. But guess what I found in there--a rock-hard tortilla with some crab salad remains in it. That would be Greg's. I remember him not being willing to eat it (although it was seriously yummy), and I had told him that he needed to eat at least half of it. Nobody can sit at the table refusing to eat longer than Greg can, so we had all left the table. Greg told us that he had finished eating the whole thing. Charles even checked the trash can, while Greg 'innocently' said, "I didn't throw it away." Yeah, he didn't. He left it to attract bugs or mice, and to rot and stink up the whole house. He gets to do the dishes for a full week. Ben and Jon are happy.

Nate woke me up last night. He was crying. I got out of bed, stumbled down the hallway, entered his room, and said, "What are you crying for?" He said, "Nothing." And he stopped crying. That was it, no more crying, no more fussing. But heck, couldn't he have figured out he didn't have a reason to cry BEFORE I walked all the way down to his room??

I went to take a drink of water this morning, and discovered a spider crawling up the side of the cup. I do have a mild case of arachnophobia. I ran the cup into the kitchen and washed the spider off the cup. I ran the water for a while, but when I stopped the water, I discovered the spider trying to crawl up the side of the sink. So I ran the water again, but this time, I also ran the disposall. Tonight, Greg was doing the dishes, and suddenly screamed. There on the edge of the sink was that same dang spider! Ben took care of it once and for all. Apparently, Ben can do what even the disposall cannot.

And there you have it, the exciting things that happened today.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Uh oh! Hope our family didn't pass the stomach flu on to yours. It took 2 weeks for it to cycle through the 5 of us. Paul and Sam had it this week too. I hope you don't all have to go through it. It's a nasty one!

Mom of 5 Boys said...

yeah, I wondered about that! Stake Conference is tomorrow, and our choir is singing. Half of me is secretly hoping that someone is sick so I don't have to lead the congregational music, but the other half of me is praying that no one else gets sick!!