Last night Ben had an ortho appointment, and on the way home we took down the flags (the Boy Scout service project/fundraiser). As a result, we didn't get home until 6. So we decided it was a Taco Bell night. I took everyone's order -- they chose what they wanted from the Taco Bell website, and I wrote it down. Charles made the run for the border.
Since nobody actually set the table, we decided that Tim and Nate should split the job of clearing the table. Nate would throw away the wrappers and Tim would clear the few actual dishes that were on the table. Nate began tossing papers, but then announced, "I don't want to delete the order. I want to save it, for next time." He's a computer-savvy kid, but he sure hasn't figured out that some things are not computerized!
And another story. Tim's math lesson today involved learning about foot and yard. I asked him how many inches in a foot, and he knew that. When I asked how many inches in a yard, he said 32. I said, "Not quite." He said, "But our stick has 32 inches." (He is right, by the way.) I said, "Then it's not a yardstick." He said, "It's a yard-minus-four-inches stick." Greg chimed in without missing a beat, "It's 8/9 of a yardstick." And so it is.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment