If you look carefully you can see Ben right in the middle. (If you click on it you can see him more clearly in the blurry bigger picture.) On January 10, he participated in an hours band comprised of kids from the four middle schools in the school district. A few weeks later, he tried out for the high school bands. As a freshman, he made it into the highest level band at Brooks High School! That puts him in the Raider marching band, rather than the Freshman band (which means more parades, games, practices, etc. doh!)
Both Ben and Jon competed in the Solo and Ensemble contest, and both received gold ratings. Jon got a perfect score. I don't have any pictures from that day, but I was really impressed with both of them. Especially since I accompanied them on the piano and made plenty of errors...
No comments:
Post a Comment